My love for Kodiak Cakes is so real. Their pancake/waffle mixes are such a great option for breakfast, no matter how you use them! The protein packed mixes are by far my favorite, but I have tried nearly all of them and they’re all to die for!
These little bites are a delicious way to start your day with a good amount of protein, and they’re made with 4 ingredients … how can you beat that?! If anyone could win an award for worst pancake maker, it’s me, so the fact that you can bake these instead of cooking them on a griddle like normal pancakes, is also a total win for me.
These are a great option for meal prep because they’re so quick and easy! I made 24 of them in less than 15 minutes and that takes care of breakfast for me for the entire week – I eat 4/5 at a time. All it takes is 20 seconds in the microwave when you’re ready to eat them and they’re good to go! Pair these babies up with a hardboiled egg, some fruit, or just by themselves with a side of honey or syrup and you’ve got a delicious, easy, protein packed breakfast!
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Protein Packed Peanut Butter Mix
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Enjoy Life Mini Chips
- Combine pancake mix, almond milk, and egg until thoroughly combined.
- Fill mini muffin tins until 2/3 of the way full – they should perfectly fill a tray of 12 mini muffins!
- Top with chocolate chips.
- Stick them in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. I tested mine with a toothpick to make sure the middle was done – their color kind of makes it hard to tell if they’re done, so just check on them if you’re not sure!
- Let them cool, and enjoy!
Macros (for 1 of 12 pancake bites)
- 5g carbs
- 1g fat
- 3g protein