Hi there! I feel like it’s been awhile – I also feel like I say that every time I blog, but more on my 2018 blog intentions later! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and are off to a great start in this new year!
I realize I’m probably a week-ish late on this post, but after spending a hectic last two weeks of the year traveling, I really wanted to devote ample time after I got back home to come up with some well thought out, meaningful intentions for this new year.
My hope is that reading one of these intentions inspires you to set a new goal for this year, whether it be related to fitness, lifestyle, wellness, anything!
I’m breaking it down by category, which were laid out for me in my Lucky Life Tools Life Planner that I just recieved. I HIGHLY recommend this planner if you’re trying to be more goal oriented/organized this year, it has been a game changer for me! I’m including almost all of my 2018 intentions, (not all, because no one cares about my kindergarten teaching or financial goals!) some of which go outside the realm of health/fitness/wellness, but you voted you wanted more personal life stuff, so here goes!
Wellness (Body, Mind, Spirit, Growth)
- Spend 10 minutes reading my daily devotional in the morning
- Go to church twice a month
- Be better about prayer, morning & night!
- Less comparison, more focusing on myself and my own happiness. After typing this out, the “more focus on myself” sounds more selfish than anything, so let me explain! I will be the first to admit that I’m a “comparer”, in a lot of ways. In this day and age, Instagram unfortunatley has a lot to do with that (especially when you’re a blogger), but it’s something I’m going to really focus on this year. Less comparing my life/body/blog/relationship to someone else’s and more focusing on the ways to improve all of those areas of my life/be happy with where they’re at at the moment.
- Blog twice a month
- Dedicate an hour a week to brainstorming and planning content
- GROW, GROW, GROW
- Make it a priority to post things people have specifically asked for
- Do a podcast of some kind
- Create a KaleKouture Facebook page
- Put phone on “do not disturb” at 9pm every weeknight, no excuses!
- Make sure my lunch is packed and ready to go for the next day, every night.
- 2 minute nightly clean – a friend of mine shared this tip with me and it has served us SO well since Taylor and I moved into our new house. Set a timer for two minutes before you go to bed each night to pick up/clean. You would be so surprised what you can do in two minutes! And who doesn’t love starting each day with a clean house?!
- Make one new recipe per week and combine favorites into a recipe book at the end of the year! I promise to share them with you guys!
- Read 5 books – this is lofty for me, trust me. I feel like a horrible teacher admitting that but reading tends to fall to the bottom of my priority list.
- Apply for/start saving for a 2019 summer international mission trip.
- Make a better effort at not wasting food/using what I have before buying new items at the grocery store!
- Sit down to eat dinner with Taylor three times a week
- Weekly gratitude jar – each week we’ll write down something positive that happened/something fun we did/etc., on New Years Eve, we’ll open it together and read through all the positives 2018 brought us!
- More travel > less material items. We started this last year, but we’re continuing it this year because we loved it so much. We do not give each other gifts anymore, we take what we would spend on each other and put it into a travel fund. Best decision we ever made!
- Continue one monthly fitness goal per month
- Stretching – every single day
- 64 ounces of water minimum each day. Less Mio, more plain water!
- Try one new workout class per month
- Run two 5ks
- Run one 10k
- Delete MFP by the end of 2018. This would be huge for me. I have relied on MyFitnessPal for over six years now but it has been a goal of mine for a long time to slowly get away from the numbers/macro game. It has been life changing for me, but I have always said it is not something I want to be hung up on forever. I will be working REALLY hard on this one throughout the year! More on this throughout the year.
I plan on doing a post at the end of 2018 that recaps how I did with these intentions, so we’ll see where I am at the end of the year! I’ll also keep you posted on how I’m doing as the year goes on. What are some of your 2018 goals/intentions? Comment and let me know!
Have a fabulous weekend!