I don’t even know how to describe this banana bread other than it tastes like the most decadent dessert you’ve ever had. Think: the best chocolate cake/cupcake ever, in loaf form. Honestly, better than that probably. It doesn’t taste REMOTELY healthy. Taylor can attest to this because he asks for this banana bread weekly, and he despises (usually in an uber dramatic fashion) anything I make that tastes the slightest bit “healthy”.
I eat this stuff for breakfast, dessert, lunch, dinner, to snack on, etc. Read: any time of day. It is moist, dense, fudgey, and without question, the best banana bread that ever existed. I am banana bread obsessed and haven’t made another version in over a year because of my love for this recipe.
I have adapted this recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie who is hands down, my favorite resource when it comes to healthy treats. Any time the baking mood hits me, I look to her blog for new recipes. I have never ever been disappointed in anything I’ve made of hers!
- 2 cups ripe mashed banana
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk (I’ve also used Fairlife Chocolate Milk and it’s even better!)
- 2/3 cup honey (or maple syrup, whatever you have)
- 1/8 tsp uncut stevia or 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s)
- 1/2 chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips)
- extra chips for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the banana, vanilla, almond milk, and honey.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Stir thoroughly.
- Pour dry into wet, and stir until just evenly combined.
- Spread batter evenly into the loaf pan. If desired, sprinkle chocolate chips over the top, and press down.
- Bake 45 minutes, then turn off the oven but don’t open the door! Let sit 10 additional minutes in the closed oven before removing.
- Let the bread cool. I recommend letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight. It’s easier to slice and it tastes so much better the next day!