Creamy Mexican chicken has been a weekly staple of mine for years now. My mom made this for us when I was in high school, so this recipe is actually from her! But it’s stuck around due to the fact that it’s extremely simple, it’s versatile, it requires minimal ingredients, and if I’m being really honest, because it requires little effort from me!
There are so many ways to do instant pot/crock pot chicken, and that’s what I love about recipes like this. They’re so versatile and the flavor can be completely changed just by manipulating a couple of the ingredients! It’s also easy to make big batches of, which is always a plus when meal prepping for the week!
I put this chicken on top of salads, in whole wheat wraps, in homemade burrito bowls, etc. It’s extremely high in protein, and can be used just about any way you can possibly imagine!
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts (thawed)
- 1 12 oz. block of fat free cream cheese (I actually use Kite Hill this week, which is a DF option!)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 can of low sodium black beans
- 1 can of mexicorn
- 1 4.5 oz. can of diced green chilis (can be omitted if this isn’t your thing)
- Layer the bottom of your pot with the chicken breasts.
- Throw everything else in on top of the chicken!
- Cook on “pressure” cook for 20 minutes in the instant pot. Cook on low for 7 hours in a crock pot.
- Shred the chicken and mix everything together!
- Refrigerate up to one week.
Enjoy! Thanks for reading! Have a great #tacotuesday! 😊