As many of you know, I spent the last week in Mexico! Mexican food has been on my mind ever since I got back; I think I could eat it every single day and never get sick of it! Alas, chipless nachos were born!
I’m not sure you can even call it a recipe, it’s THAT simple. It requires minimal ingredients, but it’s downright delicious. I didn’t miss the chips whatsoever! I’m going to hop to it because I know y’all scroll past me blabbing, and I don’t blame you. I would too. So, here we go!
- 1 bag of mini sweet peppers
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (I like to use 93% or 99% lean to cut down a little bit on the fat, but use what you like!)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bag of Trader Joes frozen Mexican style roasted corn with Cotija cheese
- 1 cup cheese (use what you like! I used a Mexican blend)
- Trader Joes cowboy caviar (or salsa of your choice)
- 2 tsp Trader Joes chili lime seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Brown the ground turkey in a pan with olive oil.
- When the ground turkey is 1-2 minutes away from being done, add in the frozen Mexican style corn and the chili lime seasoning with the ground turkey.
- When the corn and ground turkey are both done, mix in the Cotija cheese that comes in the bag with the corn.
- Set aside the ground turkey mix to cool.
- Slice the mini sweet peppers lengthwise and remove all seeds.
- Lay the peppers cut side up, close together, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. I didn’t measure the S&P, just a sprinkle or two to season the peppers!
- Layer the ground turkey and corn mix evenly among the peppers.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted! Keep an eye on them, every oven varies.
- Top with Trader Joes cowboy caviar and avocado and enjoy!