This is a super easy weeknight recipe that I’ve been loving lately! I don’t know why stuffed peppers intimidate me, but they always have! This was my first time trying them and they’ll definitely be in my dinner recipe rotation from now on. They’re so versatile and can be made with almost anything you like.
If you’re not a huge chicken fan, these could easily be done with ground turkey, shredded pork tenderloin, etc.
- 4 bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I put 4 chicken breasts in a crockpot on low for 6 hours with 1 cup of chicken broth and it comes out perfect!)
- 1 8oz. package fat free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili lime seasoning (Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup salsa
- 1 dry ranch packet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large 9×13″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Slice each pepper in half and remove the seeds. Set each half in the prepared baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, cream cheese, cheese, jalapeno, cumin, chili lime seasoning, salt, salsa, and ranch packet.
- Fill each pepper half evenly with chicken mixture.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 35-40 minutes.