You would think all I do is sit around and think of ways to incorporate peanut butter into my recipes. Which is 99% true. I love Thai peanut anything really, so this recipe is one of my newest favorites. It can be made into a whole wheat wrap, put on top of a salad, made into a sandwich, put in a lettuce wrap, the options are endless! It’s so light, but filling, and the flavor is to die for.
- 3 cans (I used 12.5 oz) canned chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce (I use a generic teryaki sauce from Aldi!)
- juice from one small lime
- Drain the canned chicken and combine in a large bowl with the celery, carrots, green onion and peanuts. Mix thoroughly.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, teriyaki sauce, and lime juice and warm until melted.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over the chicken salad and combine thoroughly.