I’m not trying to toot my own horn here, but I have nailed this recipe. 100% nailed it. Taylor has been raving about these since the minute they we’re solid enough to cut into bars. I’ve done 4 different copycat Perfect Bar recipes now, but this one is far and away my favorite one. It’s sweet, I love the cranberries, and the texture is IDENTICAL to a real Perfect Bar.
Side note: I truly do not know how other proteins fare in these protein bar recipes. I do not have enough time or money to go out and test every brand to see if they work as well as IHM protein. That being said, the best thing to do is to try it and see! However, I think its 100% worth it to purchase IHM if you plan on making these regularly. Use “kale30” for 30% off your order!
- 1 cup vanilla almond butter (Justin’s version, Target’s version, Walmart’s version, RX bar version)
- 2-3 Tbsp honey(I use 2, but if you like them super sweet, use 3)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 scoops IHeartMacros vanilla cream protein powder
- Microwave your almond butter and honey for 30-45 seconds
- Whisk the almond butter and honey together until thoroughly combined (using a whisk is important because it keeps it from getting lumpy)
- Add in your protein as quickly as you can and mix! The longer you let the peanut butter mixture set up, the thicker it gets, and the harder it’ll be to combine the protein powder without it getting lumpy.
- Mix in dried cranberries.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for one hour, then move to refrigerator until your ready to serve.
- Cut into bars (6) or minis (12), and enjoy!