I love hard boiled eggs, but I won’t lie, they’re a pain in the you know what. I use my instant pot occasionally which is a lifesaver, but sometimes the set up/tear down/clean up just isn’t worth a couple of hard boiled eggs. Alas, I’ve come across the most magical solution: baked eggs.
This takes a total of 30 minutes, start to finish, and is quite possibly the easiest ever way to hard boil an egg. The best part? NO SHELL. AT ALL. Here’s what you need!
- 1 dozen eggs
- seasoning of choice (I use Everything But The Bagel from TJ’s)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Crack an egg into each well of a greased muffin tin and season with desired seasonings.
- Bake for 20 minutes!
That’s it! They should slide right out and are ready to be stored in the fridge until you need them! An ever better life hack is this silicon muffin tin I use. The eggs come out perfectly with no mess, and it’s dishwasher safe!
Here’s what’s going down today: a week’s worth of fajitas on one cookie sheet, in less than 40 minutes. Easy peasy, delish, quick. Here we go!
- 5-6 medium/largechicken breasts (if chicken isn’t your thing, use whatever protein you’d like!)
- 6 medium bell peppers, any color
- 1 medium purple onion
- 1 packet dry ranch mix
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut chicken into small chunks
- Slice peppers and onion
- Throw everything in a ziplock bag and add your dry ranch mix and taco seasoning.
- Shake it all up to get everything evenly coated.
- Dump everything onto a sheet pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes!
- That’s it!
Serve them in whole wheat tortillas, in a fajita bowl on a bed of cauli lime rice, the possibilities are endless!
There’s nothing I love more than you asking me to write about something specific. I could spend hours brainstorming content that I think you’ll be interested in, or hope you’ll be interested in, but it’s so much more meaningful to write a blog post when it’s sparked by overwhelming interest from you! Today’s topic: supplements!
I will preface by saying I am clearly not in the medical field, so please take what I say with a grain of salt. I’m not a professional, I just do what works for me! It may work for you, it may not! I am positive you could find research out there to negate anything I’m about to say, or even tell you how horrible each one of these supplements are, but that’s just the world we live in. I’m just here to share what I do in hopes that you’ll find something you love/that works for you too!
What I take & what they do!
- Elderberry: this is a super-immune fruit that delivers both antioxidant and immune support, due to its naturally occurring free radical defenders called Anthocyanins. In simpler terms: this keeps your immune system strong and healthy! Take it from me, I’m a kindergarten teacher, which means I can use all the immune system help I can get. After religiously taking Elderberry this fall and winter, for the first time in five years, I’ve not taken a single sick day.
- Fish Oil: Omega-3s contribute to normal brain and eye development. They fight inflammation and may help prevent heart disease and a decline in brain function. This is a gummy version and I can vouch, it’s so much better than the pill!
- Calcium: I didn’t start taking a calcium supplement until I broke my ankle, needless to say it’s now a part of my daily supplement routine! Everyone needs healthy bones!
- Multivitamin: a supercharged, complete multivitamin that fuses massive fruit flavors with a ton of essential vitamins and minerals. Each serving provides as much vitamin A as one cup of broccoli and as much vitamin D as 5 oz. of salmon. I take this in hopes that it’s filling the inevitable nutritional gaps in my diet!
- Collagen: this is the same supplement as the collagen powder I mix in my coffee every day! I take this in addition to the powder but it’s definitely not necessary to take both. Collagen reduces wrinkles, keeps your joints strong and flexible, supports strong bones, and increases skin hydration.
- Melatonin: if you’re someone who doesn’t feel super well rested in the morning, or has trouble going to sleep at night, Melatonin is something you can try! I don’t take this regularly myself, but I’ve tried the powder version and it works wonders.
I hope you find this helpful and stumble upon something more delicious than what you currently have! 🙂
A couple of you had asked if I would do a most loved Friday Faves post, just in case you missed any favorites/some of you want to see what other people have loved! These are the top six (the last two were a tie!) selling products of the faves I’ve shared since January, as well as the products I’ve gotten the most rave reviews about!
I am so not surprised that this8 was #1 on the list. These leggings are AMAZING quality for the price. The fabric is identical to the Lulu Fast and Free crops. Mine have held up extremely well in the wash and I’m the proud owner of all four colors!
Yet another item from the Lulu dupe line. This top is comparable to the Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve that Lulu carries, but I actually like it better! I hate putting on a tank to go work out when its 0 degrees outside, so this has been my go to! It comes in so many cute colors.
This stuff is magic. I have never used a vitamin C serum before now, and I regret that. This serum as changed my skin. It minimizes pores, redness, dark spots, and I think it has done wonders for my skin. I’ve had no breakouts since I started to use it two months ago. I use a dime size amount, morning and night and it lasted me two months! Well worth the money.
These shoes are my new favorites. There’s a reason “cloud foam” is in their name. It feels like you’re walking on clouds. They’re SO light and are perfect for any workout. I also love the black because it’s sleek and I feel like goes with anything!
SO many of you girls bought these and messaged me about how much you love them! This is a cheaper version of the Isle of Paradise drops and I think they work so well! I see a noticeable difference after just one use. I mix 3 drops in my nightly moisturizer 2-3x a week and it gives me the best glow!
These are hands down my favorite piece of jewelry I own right now! And they were $5, so crazy. They go with every single outfit you could ever pick out. They’re nice enough to add a little something to your outfit for a night out, but they’re also perfect for work. I recommend these to everyone!
I’m not trying to toot my own horn here, but I have nailed this recipe. 100% nailed it. Taylor has been raving about these since the minute they we’re solid enough to cut into bars. I’ve done 4 different copycat Perfect Bar recipes now, but this one is far and away my favorite one. It’s sweet, I love the cranberries, and the texture is IDENTICAL to a real Perfect Bar.
Side note: I truly do not know how other proteins fare in these protein bar recipes. I do not have enough time or money to go out and test every brand to see if they work as well as IHM protein. That being said, the best thing to do is to try it and see! However, I think its 100% worth it to purchase IHM if you plan on making these regularly. Use “kale30” for 30% off your order!
- Microwave your almond butter and honey for 30-45 seconds
- Whisk the almond butter and honey together until thoroughly combined (using a whisk is important because it keeps it from getting lumpy)
- Add in your protein as quickly as you can and mix! The longer you let the peanut butter mixture set up, the thicker it gets, and the harder it’ll be to combine the protein powder without it getting lumpy.
- Mix in dried cranberries.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for one hour, then move to refrigerator until your ready to serve.
- Cut into bars (6) or minis (12), and enjoy!
You guys KNOW my love for Zoe’s Kitchen runs deep. It’s by far my favorite fast food restaurant! I love that they provide healthy, quick options, that are nutritious, filling, and delicious at the same time.
The cauliflower rice bowl is my go-to at Zoe’s, and I figured it would be super easy to recreate at home! This is the recipe I came up with! It took less than 10 minutes to prep all the ingredients, and it has been the most amazing lunch all week long!
- 2lbs ground chicken or 4 medium/large chicken breasts
- 3 bags frozen cauliflower rice (I use the roasted garlic flavor – it’s in the frozen section!)
- 1 cucumber, chopped finely
- 1/2 purple onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- store bought taziki
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and juice from half a lemon.
- Grill chicken breasts or brown ground chicken in a skillet, whichever you prefer.
- Microwave all 3 bags of frozen cauliflower rice and set aside.
- Chop cucumber and purple onion, combine in a glass dish, season with 1 tsp dill, set aside.
- Assemble your bowls with 1/2 cup cauliflower rice, 4 oz. chicken, 1/4 cup greek salsa (cucumber/onion mixture), 1 tbsp crumbled feta, and taziki to taste!
Y’all are Lulu CRAY, is all I have to say.
I cannot believe the number of messages I’ve received over the last week due to the sheer number of you getting your Lulu dupes in the mail and dying over them. Nothing is more gratifying than to know that you guys trust me enough to spend hard earned money on an item of clothing I’ve shared with you, and are then so excited about it that you take the time out of your day to message me. I appreciate every single message, and every single one of you who takes the time to shop through my links, share them with friends, etc.
All I can say is, this stuff is AMAZING. Like so amazing I’m 100% convinced it’s made with Lulu fabric, just with a different symbol. You guys know that I don’t spend tons of money on clothes, meaning I would never want you to spend your money on something I didn’t stand behind, so trust me when I say, this stuff is the real deal.
I will preface by saying I have not tried EVERY single item of this clothing on. I have almost all of it ordered, but my main concern was making sure I got this post up before all of the items sell out. I will definitely share as I get the items in. I can’t help but think we’ve started a movement here, because none of these item were marked “low stock” until early this week!
What I Wear (Sizing)
- Tops: 8 in Lulu, M in Amazon
- Bottoms: 6 in Lulu, S in Amazon
- Sports Bras: 8 in Lulu, L in Amazon
- Jacket: 10 in Lulu, L in Amazon
Tie Back Tank
Compression Built In Bra Cami
Compression Racerback Tank
Long Sleeve Shirt
Naked Feeling High Rise 7/8 Tight w/ Pockets
Naked Feeling High Rise Tight Without Pocket
Lightweight Drawstring Jogger
Naked Feeling High Rise Crop
Light Support Cross Back (A/B cups recommended)
Medium Support Strappy Back (C/D cups recommended)
Sports Define Jacket Slim Fit
Sports Define Jacket Slim Fit
- 1 cup melted cashew butter (any nut butter would work, I just think cashew butter tastes the best!)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Mix everything except chocolate chips into a large mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Let the mixture cool for 2-3 minutes, then add your chocolate chips (you want to wait until it’s cooled so that the chocolate chips don’t melt!)
- Pour mixture evenly into a silicone mini muffin tin (should evenly fill 12 wells) or a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze until you’re ready to eat!
*Recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen’s No Bake Salted Tahini Cookie Dough Fudge