- 1.5-2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup almond flour (coconut flour would work too)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large Ziplock bag, combine the chicken, pickle juice, and almond milk. Make sure the chicken is coated and marinate in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, powdered sugar, salt, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Toss the chicken chunks in the almond flour mixture. Shake off excess mixture and place each nugget on the cookie sheet.
- Spray the nuggets with cooking spray; this keeps all the crumbs intact!
- Bake until the chicken nuggets are cooked through and the breading is golden, about 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- These could just as easily be air fried! About 5 mins on each side!
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp barbecue sauce
Recipe from Six Sisters Stuff!
I don’t know why it has taken me so dang long to break out my air fryer to make these. I’ve bought chicken breast tenders each week, for the past two months – the sole purpose of making chicken fingers. Yet every single week, I got lazy and decided to do something with the Instant Pot instead. I’m kicking myself now, because had I just bucked up to make these in the first place, I’d have realized how amazing they were two months ago!
For those of you who have an air fryer, I’ve gotten so much feedback from you saying you’re in the same boat. It seems daunting to bring it out and use it. I’m here to tell you, it is the simplest appliance I own. There was no set up required, there’s no pre heating, nothing. You turn it on your desired temp, put your food in, and set the timer. That’s it. I use the Von Shef Air Fryer and I can’t say enough good things about it. There are tons of uses for an air fryer but I’ll save that for another day!
However all that to say, if you don’t have an air fryer, you can still make these chicken fingers! You can do them just as easily in the oven, so don’t feel like you have to buy one to make these.
- 1 lb boneless chicken tenderloins
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp dry ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp Trader Joes Chili Lime seasoning (can omit, but I think it adds great flavor!)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs
- In another bowl, mix together almond flour and spices, combine evenly
- Turn your air fryer/oven on 400 degrees, and spray the air fryer basket/cookie sheet with olive oil spray
- Fully coat each chicken breast tender in the egg mixture, let the excess mixture drip off
- Dip each piece of chicken into the almond flour mixture, make sure to evenly coat
- Place 3-4 tenders into the basket/onto a cookie sheet and fry for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through! Keep an eye on them, all air fryers are different!
- If baking, cook for 20-25 mins, flipping halfway through, until each tender is crispy.
- Repeat until all tenders are fried! If baking, bake all at once.