In 2019 one of my intentions is to be more intentional. How does that translate to the blog? Less pointless chatting, more cut to the chase recipe sharing. I’m starting today. This is creamy bacon ranch chicken and you need it in your life. It’s boyfriend/kid/husband/picky eater approved, I promise! Eat it on a whole wheat bun, whole wheat tortilla, lettuce wrap, or on it’s own!
- 5 large chicken breasts (6-8 small)
- 2, 8 oz. blocks cream cheese (I used fat free, any will work!)
- 1/4 cup Ranch powder (or 1 packet)
- 1 Tbsp Trader Joe’s chili lime seasoning (optional, but I love it in this recipe!)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
1. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your crock pot.
2. Layer the cream cheese, ranch powder, chili lime seasoning, and cheese on top.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is fork tender.
4. Take the chicken breasts out (leaving the liquid in the crock pot), place into a large bowl, and shred with two forks, or use your kitchen aid stand mixer (so much easier!).
5. Pour the remaining liquid from the crock pot back in with the chicken and combine.
This is a super easy weeknight recipe that I’ve been loving lately! I don’t know why stuffed peppers intimidate me, but they always have! This was my first time trying them and they’ll definitely be in my dinner recipe rotation from now on. They’re so versatile and can be made with almost anything you like.
If you’re not a huge chicken fan, these could easily be done with ground turkey, shredded pork tenderloin, etc.
- 4 bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I put 4 chicken breasts in a crockpot on low for 6 hours with 1 cup of chicken broth and it comes out perfect!)
- 1 8oz. package fat free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili lime seasoning (Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup salsa
- 1 dry ranch packet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large 9×13″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Slice each pepper in half and remove the seeds. Set each half in the prepared baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, cream cheese, cheese, jalapeno, cumin, chili lime seasoning, salt, salsa, and ranch packet.
- Fill each pepper half evenly with chicken mixture.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Creamy Mexican chicken has been a weekly staple of mine for years now. My mom made this for us when I was in high school, so this recipe is actually from her! But it’s stuck around due to the fact that it’s extremely simple, it’s versatile, it requires minimal ingredients, and if I’m being really honest, because it requires little effort from me!
There are so many ways to do instant pot/crock pot chicken, and that’s what I love about recipes like this. They’re so versatile and the flavor can be completely changed just by manipulating a couple of the ingredients! It’s also easy to make big batches of, which is always a plus when meal prepping for the week!
I put this chicken on top of salads, in whole wheat wraps, in homemade burrito bowls, etc. It’s extremely high in protein, and can be used just about any way you can possibly imagine!
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts (thawed)
- 1 12 oz. block of fat free cream cheese (I actually use Kite Hill this week, which is a DF option!)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 can of low sodium black beans (drained)
- 1 can of mexicorn (drained)
- 1 4.5 oz. can of diced green chilis (can be omitted if this isn’t your thing)
- Layer the bottom of your pot with the chicken breasts.
- Throw everything else in on top of the chicken!
- Cook on “pressure” cook for 20 minutes in the instant pot. Cook on low for 7 hours in a crock pot.
- Shred the chicken and mix everything together!
- Refrigerate up to one week.
Enjoy! Thanks for reading! Have a great #tacotuesday! 😊