There’s nothing I love more than you asking me to write about something specific. I could spend hours brainstorming content that I think you’ll be interested in, or hope you’ll be interested in, but it’s so much more meaningful to write a blog post when it’s sparked by overwhelming interest from you! Today’s topic: supplements!
I will preface by saying I am clearly not in the medical field, so please take what I say with a grain of salt. I’m not a professional, I just do what works for me! It may work for you, it may not! I am positive you could find research out there to negate anything I’m about to say, or even tell you how horrible each one of these supplements are, but that’s just the world we live in. I’m just here to share what I do in hopes that you’ll find something you love/that works for you too!
What I take & what they do!
- Elderberry: this is a super-immune fruit that delivers both antioxidant and immune support, due to its naturally occurring free radical defenders called Anthocyanins. In simpler terms: this keeps your immune system strong and healthy! Take it from me, I’m a kindergarten teacher, which means I can use all the immune system help I can get. After religiously taking Elderberry this fall and winter, for the first time in five years, I’ve not taken a single sick day.
- Fish Oil: Omega-3s contribute to normal brain and eye development. They fight inflammation and may help prevent heart disease and a decline in brain function. This is a gummy version and I can vouch, it’s so much better than the pill!
- Calcium: I didn’t start taking a calcium supplement until I broke my ankle, needless to say it’s now a part of my daily supplement routine! Everyone needs healthy bones!
- Multivitamin: a supercharged, complete multivitamin that fuses massive fruit flavors with a ton of essential vitamins and minerals. Each serving provides as much vitamin A as one cup of broccoli and as much vitamin D as 5 oz. of salmon. I take this in hopes that it’s filling the inevitable nutritional gaps in my diet!
- Collagen: this is the same supplement as the collagen powder I mix in my coffee every day! I take this in addition to the powder but it’s definitely not necessary to take both. Collagen reduces wrinkles, keeps your joints strong and flexible, supports strong bones, and increases skin hydration.
- Melatonin: if you’re someone who doesn’t feel super well rested in the morning, or has trouble going to sleep at night, Melatonin is something you can try! I don’t take this regularly myself, but I’ve tried the powder version and it works wonders.
I hope you find this helpful and stumble upon something more delicious than what you currently have! 🙂